Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Envelope style throw pillow tutorial

This is so fun and so easy to make. For this tutorial I used a 12" pillow form. But, you can use any size you want.

I quilted the front of my pillow using wavy lines. I used the free motion idea in a book from www.christaquilts.com, called Piece and Cut with Precuts. The pattern is also from the book for a quilt called squiggles and I used the cut offs of hst's for the border.






My pillow square is 12". It is the same size as my pillow form, because I like puffy pillows.

I cut 2 pieces of backing at 12 x 8". Along one of the 12" sides I did a narrow (1/4") double fold hem. I did this on both pieces.

Then I put  right sides together on the front of my pillow form, with the hemmed edges overlapping,  pinned it and sewed all the way around.






I trimmed the corners, turned right side out and stuffed the pillow form inside. Then I took pictures of it.








With the pillow sham I made for this post, https://kathyskwiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2017/08/piece-and-quilt-with-precuts-blog-hop.html?m=1, it gives me part of Christmas for 1 grandchild. Now I need to get the quilt done.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! what a nice job... Way to go girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally. It was fun.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sally. It was fun.

      Delete
  2. Love your pillow! Very summery. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilt blocksandmore,

      Thanks. I love doing things like this. I will definitely have more coming in the future.

      Delete
    2. Quilt blocksandmore,

      Thanks. I love doing things like this. I will definitely have more coming in the future.

      Delete
  3. How easy you make it sound! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June,

      It really is easy. My 7 year old granddaughter has done one of these.

      Delete
  4. Really cute pillow - love your choice of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete