Thursday, June 23, 2016

throwback Thursday - hello kitty quilt

In late 2012, a friend commissioned me to do a quilt for his wife's birthday. The only requirement it had was to be Hello Kitty fabric. I asked for her favorite colors and went with that. I showed him some designs and he pretty much let me pick what I wanted to do. After picking the blocks I wanted to do, looking  at fabric and sending him pictures of it, I worked up a quote. This was my first commissioned quilt job and I wanted everything to be perfect. I kept him updated on the quilt. He did not need it until June, so I had some time to work on it.

I had lots of fun doing this quilt and making sure I got just the right colors. The quilting was just an allover meander, done on my husqvarna viking lily 550. The back was done with white, as was the binding. The binding was Stitched to the front of the quilt, then folded over and sewn to the back by hand.
He only needed it to be a lap quilt, so I made it about 50 x 60. He was so excited when I gave it to him, and knew his wife would really love it. He has mentioned to me that his wife really likes it.  I love the joy that comes from making a quilt for somebody and knowing that they really love it.

2 comments:

  1. My wife still uses it (she's using it right now). She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger,

    I am so glad to hear that. I love to hear the quilts I make are being used.

    ReplyDelete